Monday, July 18, 2011

Sometime last week,

Lauren proposed to me an offer that I could join her in a photo shoot for the salon she get's here hair done at (The Labb located at the corner of Commerce and Lane). She was asked initially and then suggested my name, as well. They needed black girls. I complied willingly, and fully knowing I would be get weave (something I strongly pledge against for myself)...If anything, I would be getting my hair done for free-once I immediately had taken out the weave. Come Thursday, the day of the shoot... I don't know what I was expecting, but it was on a much bigger scale than my prediction.

I walk in at noon and I'm greeted immediately with beautiful girls seated near the door flipping through magazines. I find my hair dresser and get situated myself, but meanwhile I'm watching these tall skinny/lanky-either really pale or baywatch tan girls walk by. All those chicks you see on tumblr, basically. I wanted to shoot myself in the face 'cause here I am literally having to look up to these experienced-dare I say professionals- and there they are looking down on me and the 5'5 scared body I own. I was so intimidated that this one model chick smiled at me, and I just quickly looked away.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anyone who knows me knows how unpractical it is of me to get weave so my sister was soaking it in.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A few of the makeup artists doing work and shit

Live feed right quick. You can see Lance and his super gay gestures describing things in the back aha... it got realy typical with gay guys being sassy and ordering things around. Confirmed that like 3 out of 4 guys in some sort of Fashion Industry live a homosexual lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lauren and her finger curls
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Her makeup artist
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My makeup artist
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Outcome. Look at me now, OH.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In the mist of the shoot ... waiting our turn.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Well. I look like a drag queen, but me and this guy who's name I forgot practicing our Zoolander expressions. Nailed it.


They seemed very pleased with our shots and were surprised I hadn't modeled before. Every thing was legitimate besides us as the models though. I for one am NOT.
Over all it came out really well and it was quite the experience.

swag out

..

3 comments:

  1. you shouldn't be so hard on yourself besides there's enough people in this world who do it for us :)

    ReplyDelete