Friday, July 29, 2011

Jha'Kyric Nixon:

He was a guy a few years younger than me that I went to High School with. We didn't speak much, but we knew of each other. A class clown kind of guy. I made fun of him once. He used to always overly-complement me and he had a hard-on for my friend.
I saw him yesterday. He walked past the Levis store with his friends, grinned really hard, and waved at me frantically. He was so silly. Then he came up and gave me a big ol hug and pretended to blush with excitement.

I just got word of Jha'Kyric Nixon's death about 20 minutes ago. What hurts the most is that I just saw him yesterday... He was SUCH a goofball and naturally just a happy person. We're underestimating his death as a loss if we think only friends and family will be mourning. The World will grieve at his expense having lost another particular person of his kind: One who walks around happily and makes the people who interact with him feel the same. I literally saw him last smiling back at me.

Bless his fucking soul. His life was appreciated.

..

8 comments:

  1. well said.. No one could've said it any better- JayNelson81

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice well put together.

    R.I.P Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect description of him.

    Jmo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jha'Kyric was my little brother, our family and myself find comfort in knowing that he had such an impact on many lives in the 17 years GOD blessed us with him. Thanks for sharing Jha'Kyric with us in your words.

    Arlicia Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone but NEVER forgotten.
    Kyric was an amazing person, he touched the lives of all of us, and there aren't enough words to express our feelings for him. He is missed SO much... thank you for your words, it was nice to see this.
    10.5 <3

    ReplyDelete