Sunday, December 12, 2010

The 1 thing that ironically makes my job easier

is some of the customers/customer encounters I get....2 stories:


So I'm helping these two Asian guys find some boy pants when 4 girls-family I presume- walk up behind them. The youngest girl who looked like the chinese orphan from Despicable me. Looked like 6 or so. Her adorable panda bear beanie covering half her head.. She immediately says "I got you something!" and sticks out her hands, presenting it. don't know what it was, but the man held it. One of the other girls tells him to open it. Puzzled/surprised, he repeated after the littlest, "You got me something?"..still hasn't opened it

She responds, "YES; I love you." --almost annoyed though, like DUH, mothafucka


Maybe you had to be there, it was real cute/heart-warming


ALSO, I'm convinced that every immigrant or Overseas tourist makes their first stop at Grapevine Mills Mall; possibly even Levis. Several people come through because jeans are 2 to 3 times more expensive in other countries.
I've learned that foreigners are your best friends. Either that or they're extremely bitter and respond with 'no' to everything you say-including hi. It's a 50/50 chance. For the friendlier half-I love lovee helping them. I love their accents and I always ask them where theyre from and why theyre visiting. They always seem so cute, sweet, and sincere. Especially the women. They're all fragile. It doesn't matter how old they are, I just want to pick them up under their armpits and twirl them in a circle.
Today, I had the pleasure of helping this french lady.
Funny the type of things you learn in College and how accurate they are. There's the whole thing about how personal space is measured differently from here and overseas (U.S. is about 18 inches). When I would speak to her, I kept having to step back because she leaned in so close to my face. I would step back. She would step forward. We did a little two step dance for all of the 20 minutes I assisted her. At least she was pretty and not a 40 year old creeper man. She was a sweetheart. I mentioned how I wanted to study abroad in Paris 2012 and she got so excited, filled me in on what to expect. We left on such a good note, shortly after, she sent her friends in to see me for perhaps an enjoyable, conversational jean shopping experience, as well^_^
They were cool and welcomed me with open arms to Paris Summer 2012. Luv.


We just got 2 clueless managers that might bring me to stab them in the fucking ear. So these kind of customers really make my work a happy place. Keeps me civil.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment