Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm going to let you guys in on a secret.

You guys. One of the main reasons I get significant gay attention/attraction is because for about 6 years now, I've been style-biting an obvious lesbian. lol.

It's not really a secret cause if you'll remember, someone on formspring asked me a year ago who inspired me and I told them Shane from The L word. It all started when I was 13 and first saw the show ... I went and bought a blazer to wear with like vintage t-shirts and sometimes collared shirts--just cause I liked how she rocked that shit in season 1. Years/seasons went by and as her style evolved; I saw myself in similar things. I started wearing suspenders with t-shirts and more flannels 'cause of her. I got into loud color or print pants 'cause she steez'd it out.

I found a couple of pictures-some perfect examples: I want you to notice-especially if you know me-how I've worn these same things .. and/or you can see me wearing them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
this Blazer combination. yeap.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The reason I wanted to start wearing combat boots. right fucking here. Also: I bought my 'Guns and Roses' tee with the shirt she's wearing in mind. I even started cutting my shirts the same.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I have tons of shirts like this too, but the reason I only wear this style of fedora now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Almost everyone does this though. but still. mismatch layering.

For the record. My hair cutting and the current length it's at now has nothing to do with her. And don't think that I'd google or sit down every episode to see what I should wear next. I was silently influenced a lot. Really this show in general. I used to wear a boombox necklace cause of Carmen, and jean vests. I got my rayban glasses from Jenny.

To this day I still mimic some of her outfits-with my own twist, of course. A handful or people have told me how much they liked my style, and if you were ever wondering where it came from essentially. . . pow.


No comments:

Post a Comment