Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SXSW '11 WRAP UP

Problem lies when I don’t blog or explain myself within 48 hours of the happening, everything becomes completely merged and I forget all the interesting things I wanted to say. SXSW being almost 2 weeks ago, this’ll be tough but it’s almost crucial that I still fill you guys in on the fuck.

I got there Wednesday and the original plan was to drive straight to San Antonio to see babygirl, no homo, and kick it out there---then head to Austin the next day. My car had other plans. It actually decided to stop working in Austin, conveniently (despite my taking it the car shop for the green light to go right before I left). I pull into a hotel parking lot and have my friends Candice and Maggie-whom are already there come get me. Yves, Free, and Andrew my new friend were with them. Went hit 6th and went to some live ass bars. Yves got us in some real big showcase later on the night; shit was real tight. I don’t remember much else.

Thursday, I head downtown again and meet Aj and Erika for some shows. It was real cool walking downtown Austin by myself and randomly running into so many familiar faces-be it-friends or musicians. I also used my sisters old ID for the first time and it worked ha.. We all split shortly after this packed ass show and chilling at some bar.. I went with Aj and headed back to the Illmore house.
(The Illmore House– Illroots and Scoremore rented out this fancy Mansion for all of SXSW which was basically a 24/7 party with very important people in the midst of other musicians and rappers) From the illmore house, we headed downtown that night… by now I’m with Brill, Shay, and Saundra… by now, I’ve also started smoking… but anyways We all meet Polyester later on that night and he invites us back to the #LALOFT which was their Loft space for West coast parties nightly. ALL of the West Coast was in and out that bitch and it was real cool seeing these niggas just being themselves … I got to smoke one with Dom too, that was cool. Polyester walked us back to our car and that’s Thursday.

Friday Nice Kicks Showcase and UNKO held it all the way downn
(tired of typing) most epic party ever… so completely star-studded

Saturday
Partying with the westcoast repeatedly… Word to Marz and Anwar for inviting us to the Odd Future show ..word to Carter’s inspirational ass

Sunday… met up with my BFF and spent an entire week in San Marcos while my car was being fixed in the shop.

Maybe I’ll drop some more shit about how absolutely crazy SX was in the future…
just know it’s now the number 1 time of my life.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment