Sunday, June 26, 2011

1:24pm Hey Young World,

I'm younger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got stranded downtown in Houston, last night. 12am-4am. On the most unfortunate shit of my phone being dead and being by myself. It was by fault of transaction-me being the transaction. Nobody was to blame and it would've been me if so. I thought I had the address to my friends flat, but it turned out to be the address to the store our event was located at; I looked at the wrong one. When we pulled up next to these flats, I hoped out the car thinking I was at my friends place... they went on to a party and I walked around shit out of luck. Mind you, I know nobody in Houstons number by heart, or address.

It's a pretty long story ...but it's a pretty funny story. It's just the irony that this police officer said he couldn't help me... and the random people I asked to use their phones just happened to all be a foreigners with broken english. I would walk to a gas station trying to find a phone to use and there would be crackheads right behind me asking for money. My outfit didn't help with my boots, panty hose, small shorts, cut off tee shirt and suspenders..rock&roll, I looked like I could've been on drugs, perhaps. It was a white urban part of town so everybody was drunk off their ass either ignoring or messing with me.

It got real uncomfortable at times.. and there's so much more to this story. But I'll highlight the good stuff later. I'm safe and sound now.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment