Friday, February 18, 2011

2 important men in my life have recently passed.

One of them being my friends father, Eddie Lee. He suffered from a stroke which resulted to a very untimely death. Something none of us were expecting and i'm sure it touched everyone in the neighborhood because everyone knew him. Everyone. Me personally, me and his son Chase have been friends for like 9 years and because of that, he's always welcomed me into his home. If ever, even offered me a plate of food... 4 out 5 times, he would be in the stands at my basketball games-I'm sure not just for me- but he damn sure always gave me incentive advice and great conversation on how to improve my game and deal with my hoe'ass coach...I hoop with guys pretty often and there's been a few times when I've actually hooped with him and his friends on some Sunday afternoons (including his son and others my age).

What I'm trying to say is he was definitely a parental figure. Regards to his family.


The second: Today I attended my Papi's funeral. I could just call him grandfather, but I don't think I can recall one time in my entire life that me or anybody in my family has called him that. He's a little bit more difficult to talk about. He was a tough stubborn man. I love him regardless. He could be real callous and shit; would never let us change the t.v channel, even when he fell asleep, but that never stopped him from making pancakes in the morning when he was capable. Yeah, his health started to cause him mental and physical problems (*circles index finger around ear*).. we loved him regardless.


Two men that have made very strong impressions in my life. Forever grateful.


..

3 comments: